Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Third day in Washington D.C.

First day, walking around National Mall.
Second day, went to Shenandoah National Park.
Third day, coming soon...

D.C. is nice, clean and beautiful. The weather is great, not hot(of course -_-), not cold(I thought it must be aweful). A lot of memorials(of famous presidents) around National Mall, but unfortunately I'm not a big fan of American history, so I was not into them that much.. but the architectures are beautiful there though.

We don't have chance to get into White House(where Bush is at) and US Capital(where Obama and Hillary were at).

Shenandoah National Park should be pretty during fall, but we went there in late Dec. when all the trees are bold.. lol. I don't know if it is because the timing is not right or Shenandoah is simply not that great, I didn't enjoy it very much, compared to Mountain Rainier(which is still my favourite ^^). But anyway, at least I saw a lot of trunks of trees with big leaves(the trees on the west coast are somewhat boring..) and I imagined all the trees with leaves on them.. -_____-

We then went to the famous "Ben's Chili Bowl" after we got back from Shenandoah. It is recommended in every traveling book of D.C., and basically it's about chili hot dog, burgers and fries. I don't like it very much, I even think Carl's Jr. is better... The chili is not tasty(not spicy at all!!).. the hot dog and burger is very normal... I don't know why it is so popular...

3 comments:

Wei Yu said...

Americans do not know food.

Anonymous said...

晕,第一段看懂了,
2段将就看
3段简直不想看了

来点chinese

Unknown said...

nice picture, though your description is a bit dry :)
but glad you have a happy new X'mas and new year holiday. enjoy the rest days