Thursday, August 13, 2009

Miami & Florida Keys

I was planning to go to Everglades today. But since tonight I may sleep outdoor, it's better not to get itchy all over my body. So I decided to take a look of Miami and go to Florida Keys afterwards.

The food I'm supposed not to miss at Miami is Cuban food, based on my lonely planet traveling book and yelp and google map, I decide to go to a restaurant called Versailles at little Havana for breakfast. People there are all talking in Spanish (not sure, some language I cannot recognize). Most customers are old people (why? young ppl don't get up early?). The restaurant is nice, waitor is quite friendly (very patient about suggesting food for me), price is not high (a full breakfast for just 5 bucks) and atmosphere is good, too. Unfortunately I may not have time for lunch and dinner. =(

I took off to Florida Keys around 1pm (I didn't like Miami, like I didn't like Miami Beach, it's sort of like LA, I don't like big cities). The view along the drive was fantastic! especially from Islamorada to Key West. The sea in Florida seems much more beautiful than the one in California. It got beautiful blue&green color mixed together, with white&fine sand. There are tons of keys (low islands) which make the sea view more diverse. Watching the view to my eyes is like eating Todai to my mouth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i almost over ate everyday when i was at miami