Friday, August 14, 2009

Everglades National Park

Today was a nightmare for me...

So I didn't drive back to Miami yesterday night, instead, I found a place on Marathon Key (one of Florida Keys) and slept in my car. I was hoping to see the sunrise on this small island, must be cool! However... the sun was totally covered by clouds...

The trip in Everglades is even worse. Saw few wild lives, but got bite by tons of mosquito... I've already heard of how terrible the mosquito could be, so I brought bug spray, and wore thick jeans and shoes. I boldly walked into a small jungle, and suddenly tons of mosquito gathered on my thigh. I didn't spray a lot on my thigh because I thought they can not get through the thick jeans. I was totally wrong, and I was like a scared soldier running away from the war. Even it's just a few minutes, I get bite at more than 30 places... ToT

The weather was hot, too, seriously hot, even breathing is hard. No alligator shows up, they were all hiding under the water. The only wild lives I saw are 1 snake, 1 turtle, a lot of dragonflies and mosquito. But things were not that bad, on the way back, I met two boys, Adam and Kyle. Adam lives at Fort Lauderdale, and Kyle is from Boston, clearly, they are more experienced at finding alligators. Thanks to them, on the way back, I saw 3 alligators. =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a real adventure, isn't it :) the park rangers told me winter and spring are the best seasons for everglades

Unknown said...

oh, i treated the mosquitoes a good meal too when i was there